Pages

19 June 2013

Memories of 1983 - Jimmy The Hoover - Tantalise...



I've been thinking a lot about 1983 lately. I have my reasons! But a good one I can share with you is the fact that the summer of 1983 was much nicer than this one! And tangled up with the memories of that summer is the refrain "Wo Wo Ee Yeh Yeh" - courtesy of Jimmy The Hoover, an English pop band which had formed in 1982. Seems so strange to think that 1983 is thirty years ago. I'm getting old! But the memories of my youth remain strong and stop me from feeling TOO old! By the wonder of YouTube, enjoy Jimmy The Hoover above.

6 comments:

Pablo said...

Never really saw the connection before, but this could almost be a precursor for Paul Simon's Graceland album four years later. It has the same kind of African rhythms going on.

Rod said...

So THAT'S Jimmy The Hoover - lol! x

Drew said...

Yes, great song for a great summer. :))

Renee said...

Oh, What a treat chuck, I'd forgotten all about that one.

Drew said...

Eee, Renee, weren't it great, lovey? Great to see you on here!

Alfie

Col91R said...

I played this ALOT last year, speaking as 90's a child who missed this song by 8 years, Lol.

And produced by Malcolm McLaren no less!